We are pleased to welcome our guest researcher from Finland! Dr Tanja Säily from the Department of Languages at the University of Helsinki is visiting the Department of Language Science and Technology and the SFB (project B1) for 2 months (February-March 2019) in order to work with us on common research interests in the field of historical corpus linguistics. Dr Tanja Säily is part of the Helsinki Computational History Group (COMHIS). In addition, she is a member of two Academy of Finland funded research projects that focus on language change. She is also developing corpus-linguistic tools and methods for historical sociolinguistics in the STRATAS project and was actively involved in the compilation of the Corpora of Early English Correspondence.
- – ANNIS Workshop (Feb 11th)
- – First LangSci talk of the year: Sabine Schulte im Walde will talk about Distributional and Multi-Modal Models for Compositionality and Figurative Language: German Noun Compounds and Particle Verbs
- – Paper by Francesca Delogu, Harm Brouwer and Matthew Crocker among the most downloaded Brain and Cognition articles
- – Talk by Alexander Koller (A3, A7) in DFG lecture series „Exkurs“
- – Places available! Tutorial on Practical Statistics for Research in Machine Translation and Translation Studies (Nov 20)